Ms Lara De Wit
Lara De Wit is an Australian pianist, violinist, arranger, composer teacher and a former AMEB examiner. She is also very well-accomplished in her studies having studied at the University of New South Wales and graduated with a Bachelor of Music, (first class honours) and has worked with Opera Australia as a pianist/repetiteur from 2007 to 2014. She also held the position of school accompanist for St Andrew’s Cathedral School from 2015-2017.
Lara has a broad range of performance experience in different musical styles. She was the pianist/repetiteur for Opera Australia’s touring company, ‘Oz Opera’ for four years. In 2012, Lara performed on stage at the Electronics Expo in Los Angeles, the largest annual gaming and technology convention in the world. She performed with the Australia Ensemble on several occasions and toured nationally with prominent ‘popular’ and ‘crossover’ artists. Lara is also a very experienced accompanist, frequently performing for student recitals, performances and exams, as well as accompanying a variety of musical groups, including the Collegium Musicum Choir at UNSW.
Lara has over ten years experience teaching piano and musicianship, both privately and in the classroom. She has been Musical Director in numerous musical theatre productions and a keyboardist in several professional productions, including a tour to China and Japan in 2011. She has been commissioned to compose original musicals for youth musical theatre organisations as well as directing and performing the music for these productions. Lara is passionate about music for video games (a genre that is growing rapidly in terms of both innovation and popularity) and, in 2012, she recorded her debut CD containing musical compositions for anime and video games.
YouTube Recognition and Opportunities
Lara De Wit is passionate about music for videogames (she received her first Nintendo console during her childhood), and decided to use YouTube as a “showcase” for sharing her appreciation about this genre. She started her channel on 18 February 2009, and as of November 2015, its stats are: 198 videos published, over 150.000 subscribers and over 25.000.000 video views. Recognition that comes with YouTube popularity provides Lara opportunities to showcase her talent:
- Early in 2012, she was invited, along with YouTube musicians Taylor Davis and Kyle Landry, to perform at the E3 Expo.
- In April 2014, De Wit performed, along with pianist Kyle Landry, at the “Movie Music Night” and “Anime Music Night” concerts, in Singapore.
- Game On: 2 Player Mode – Lara de Wit and Taylor Davis (2012)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Theme
- Passion (from “Kingdom Hearts II”)
- Fairy Tail Theme
- Aeris’ Theme (from “Final Fantasy VII”)
- Guile’s Theme (from “Street Fighter II”)
- Sons of Liberty (from “Metal Gear Solid 2”)
- Roxas theme (from “Kingdom Hearts II”)
- Chocobo Medley
- To Galaxy (from “Halo 4”)
- An End, Once and for All (from “Mass Effect 3”)
- Pokémon Theme
- Eyes on Me (from “Final Fantasy VIII”)
- Song of Storms (from “Zelda OoT”)
- Walking in the Air (from the movie “The Snowman”)
- Game of Thrones main theme
- Let it go (from the movie “Frozen”)
With Violinist Taylor Davis
- Fear Not This Night – Guild Wars 2 (ft. Malukah) (published 29 September 2012)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Theme (published 7 November 2012)
- Halo 4: To Galaxy (published on 9 November 2012)
- Phantom of The Opera Medley (published on 27 August 2013)
With Pianist Kyle Landry
- Realm of Secrets (Kyle Landry’s original composition)
With Violinist String Player Gamer
- ‘Vamo’ alla flamenco (from Final Fantasy IX)
- Voices & Strings – feat. LadyGameLyric (from Final Fantasy IX)
Ms Lara De Wit Explaining Why She Supports Con Brio Examinations:
A Small Selection of Lara’s Videos
Lara plays the 'Game of Thrones' Main Theme
Lara and Taylor Davis play Skyfall (Adele), from James Bond!
Kyle Landry & Lara de Wit having fun, Super Mario / Tetris / Toy Story / Les Miserables
Lara and Taylor Davis play a Phantom of the Opera Medley